Arun Jaitley is an Indian politician and a legal lawyer. He is a Finance Minister. Jaitley is associated with the party, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
In the year 2014, he joined the cabinet of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Jaitley was known as an eloquent speaker and his politic and professional career was noncontroversial.
Arun Jaitley is a Senior Lawyer of the Supreme Court of India.
Let’s get more information about Arun Jaitley, his age, family, career and much more information.
All Info About Him:-
3.3 Favorite Things
3.5 Money Factor
6.1 Some Other Facts
1.FAMILY & BORN DETAILS
Arun Jaitley was born on 28 December 1952 in New Delhi, India. His father was a successful lawyer. He has a sister Madhu Bhargava.
Date of Birth: 28 December 1952
Birth Place: New Delhi, India
Father’s Name: Maharaj Kishan Jaitley (Lawyer)
Mother’s Name: Ratan Prabha Jaitley (Social Activist)
Sister’s Name: Madhu BhargavaSome Other
Brother’s Name: None
2. STUDY & CAREER
Arun Jaitley studied at St. Xavier’s School, Delhi from 1957–69. He graduated with a honors degree in commerce, BCom from Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi in 1973. He completed his LLB degree from the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, in the year 1977.
Jaitley was a student leader of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) at the Delhi University Campus.
Arun Jaitley also appeared on behalf of multinational corporations like PepsiCo against Coca-Cola and in many other cases in India.
Jaitley has been associated with the national executive of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) since the year 1991. Arun Jaitley is one of the expert advocates.
School: St. Xavier’s School, Delhi, India
College/University: Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi, India
Educational Qualification: Graduated, L.L.B. from University of Delhi
3. PERSONAL LIFE
Real Name: Arun Jaitley
Profession: Lawyer and Politician
Party: Bharatiya Janata Party
Caste: Punjabi Brahmin
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Current Address: A-44, Kailash Colony
Age: 64 Years
Height: in centimeters– 170 cm, 1.70 m (in meters), 5’7” (feet-inches)
Weight: in kilograms– 64 kg, 141 lbs( in pounds)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Favorite Politician: Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Food: Amritsari Kulcha
Girls, Affairs, & More
Marital Status: Married
Marriage Date: 24 May 1982
Affairs/Girlfriends: Not Known
Wife’s Name: Sangeeta Jaitley (She is a daughter of former J&K Finance Minister Girdhari Lal Dogra)
Daughter: Sonali Jaitley
Son: Rohan Jaitley
Car Collection: Mercedes Benz, Porsche, BMW, Honda Accord, and Toyota Fortuner
Salary(approx): 1.40 Lakh INR/Month
Net Worth(approx): 6.99 crore INRs (as in 2016)
4. POLITICAL CAREER
- In the year 1977, Arun Jaitley was elected as the president of the Delhi ABVP and All India Secretary of the ABVP.
- Being joined with the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) for a long time, Arun Jaitley joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1980.
- In the year 1991, he became a member of the National Executive of the BJP.
- In the year 1998 United Nation General Assembly session, he was a representative on behalf of the government of India, and in this assembly, the bill against drugs and money laundering was introduced.
- Jaitley became the spokesperson for the BJP in 1999 just before the General Assembly elections.
- In the year 1999, he was elected Minister of State for Information and Declaring on 13 October 1999 in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.
- He was upgraded to a Cabinet Minister in November 2000 and was made together with the Minister of Law, Justice, Shipping and company affairs.
- He was made the member of the Rajya Sabha for the first time from Gujrat in the year 2000.
- In 2000, he was again appointed as the Minister of Law, Justice, Shipping and company affairs.
- After the departure of Ramjeth Malani as the Union Cabinet Minister, Arun Jaitley was elected as the Cabinet Minister in November 2000. He was the Law Minister in the cabinet and started many alterations to the Civil Procedure Code, the Criminal Procedure Code, and the Companies Act.
Step up of carrier:
- He then went the cabinet to become the General Secretary of the BJP in July 2002 and worked as the National Spokesperson till January 2003.
- Jaitley was again elected as the member of the Rajya Sabha in the year 2006 and again in 2012 from Gujarat, which was his 3rd term as a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- He is identified as the Leader of the Opposition (2009-2012) and has put in endless struggles to bring about positive change.
- He played an important role during the discussions of the Women Reservation Bill in the Rajya Sabha and also helped Anna Hazare for the Jan Lokpal Bill.
- On May 26, 2014, Arun Jaitley became the Finance Minister with an additional charge of Defence Ministry but now the Defence Ministry has been carried to earlier Goa CM Manohar Parrikar.
5. IMPORTANT POST
- Finance Minister since 26 May 2014
- Minister of Defence from 13 March 2017 to 3 September 2017
- A member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha since 3 April 2018
- Minister of Corporate Affairs since 26 May 2014
- Minister of Broadcasting and Information from 9 November 2014 to 5 July 2016
- A leader of the Opposition, Rajya Sabha (3 June 2009 – 26 May 2014)
- Minister of Law and Justice from 2000-2002, 2003-2004
- A leader of the House, Rajya Sabha since 26 May 2014
6. CURRENT WORK & DETAIL
Current Post: Indian Finance Minister
Facebook id: click here Facebook
Instagram id: click here Instagram
Twitter id: click here Twitter
Some Other Facts of Arun Jaitley:
- He wanted to become a CA in his younger age.
- Jaitley also did the paperwork before the scandal investigations.
- He has also authored many publications on current and legal affairs.
- Arun Jaitley also appeared on behalf of a number of multinational giants like coca cola and Pepsico in India.
- He helped Narendra Modi to win the 2002 Gujrat Assembly elections.
- He is the uncle of actor Akshay Dogra and Riddhi Dogra.
- Arun Jaitley was the first person to give the suggestion on the name of Narendra Modi for the post of Prime Minister of India.
- He loves cricket and he has also worked as Vice President of BCCI before quitting in 2014.
Hence, this is all about the Indian Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.Follow Us